|2mm = 3/32"
||8mm = 5/16"
|3mm = 1/8"
||10mm = 3/8"
|4mm = 5/32"
||12mm = 1/2"
|5mm = 3/16"
||15mm = 5/8"
|6mm = 1/4"
||19mm = 3/4"
- Windows normally use 3mm to 6mm thick glass
- Interior windows normally use 6mm glass which is installed by using woodstops or U-Channel
- Table Tops normally use 6mm if sitting on a table. If people use it as a table top alone, usually the thickness range from 10mm-19mm. Most people will use 12mm as a standard thickness or some people may prefer to use 15mm to 19mm for luxury.
- Glass shelvings are normally 6mm to 19mm; depending on the size and the weight of things that people put on it.
There are mainly two types of safety glass:
1. Tempered Glass
Tempering is a thermo treatment to an annealed glass and is normally 6 to 7 times stronger than regular glass. When it breaks, it shatters into thousands of small pieces so that any cutting injuries will be reduced to a minimum.
2. Laminated Glass
Laminated glass is made by sandwiching a vinyl film in between 2 pieces of glass. When it breaks, the film will stick the glass together so that any cutting injury will be almost eliminated. The glass are all clear glass; however, the vinyl film in between can be in clear, white, or any other colors. The laminated glass provides an endless spectrum of transparent or translucent color.
Applications for safety glass are: doors, windows, furniture, railings, shower doors, cabinetry, etc. especially when strength is required and movable panels, ie. swing doors.
Bullet-Resistant Glass is a transparent glass panel which combines the strength and feature of tempered glass, laminated glass and polycarbonate.
- Pattern Glass is a glas with a textured surface or graphic so that image behind will not be shown in order to create a privacy window
- It allows light to pass through it
- It could also enchance the beauty of home
3mm Water Glass 3mm Factrolite 3mm Pinhead 3mm Glue Chip
4mm Pinreed 4mm Clear/Amber Artic 4mm Clear Delta 4mm Sandblasted Delta
4mm Clear/Amber Cathedral 5mm Square 5mm Rain 4mm Narrow Reed
4/6/8mm Master Ray 4/6/8mm Master Carrie 4/6/8mm Master Lynn 4/6/8mm Master Lens
4/6/8mm Master Point 3mm Ripple 3mm 100GG 3mm 100RR
5mm Clear Niagara 3mm Clear Seedy 6mm GCW 6mm GPW
Clear Mirror is glass with silver backing which reflects image. image.
Smoke Glass/Mirror is glass with specific color tinted on it, ie, bronze, grey, blue, etc.
Mirrorpane / one way mirror is mirror which work with light. From the dark side, people will be able to see the bright side; therefore, people will use it as security purpose.
Reflective Glass is the glass with coating for specific purpose that also reflect like mirror but still able to see through, ie, eclipse, solar, low E
Regular glass has a green tone in it, however, there is a clear glass called "Starphire" Glass which has less green tone compare to the regular glass.
- It provides the maximum transparency
- Maximizes the light transmission
- Provides more brightness and clarity to the area
Starphire Glass Clear Glass
* Note: Starphire glass still has a slight green tone in it. It is not completely crystal-clear. The color of the green tone is determine by the thickness and the size of glass. Different batch of glass may have different color of green tone even if it is coming from the same manufacturer.